Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Amish Love

An Amish Love is a collection of three Amish stories that are sure to become favorites with fans of Amish reading. Seems like I have been reading alot of Amish stories lately, and I must say this book is one of my favorite so far.Each of the stories is a unique story of Amish love. The stories are written by some of the best names in Amish fiction. Beth Wiseman writes Healing Hearts, Kelly Long contribution is A Marriage Of The Heart, and Kathleen Fuller writes What The Heart Sees, which was probably my favorite story out of the three. Ellie is in an accident that causes her to loose her sight, when her boyfriend leaves her she wonders if she will ever have love and a home of her own, because no one will want a blind wife. When a young man returns to the community and meets Ellie, she soon realizes that their may be a chance for her after all. A very touching story.
If you have never read these authors reading the short stories in this novel will give you a real glimpse of their writing style. I also enjoyed the Amish recipes, and the reading group guide included in this book.

Even though I was provided a copy of this book for review by Booksneeze it in no way alters my opinion of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment