Monday, November 29, 2010

An Amish Christmas December In Lancaster County

An Amish Christmas a previously released title by Thomas Nelson, but the twist is they have included a bonus story in this printing. I found this book a quick easy read, that really packs alot in to each of the stories. The stories do move along at a quick pace because they are novellas, but I felt like each of the stories were satisfying, actually making me want to seek out these authors to see what else they have written.
Another thing that I liked about this book was the fact that while the stories intertwine with each other, they can easily be read as stand alone stories.There is a glossary in the front of the book to help with the Amish words used, there is also a reading group guide provided with this book. I think the recipes included in the back were really an added bonus. Because of the nice binding and the fact that it is a hard back I believe it would make a great Christmas gift.

Inspirational fiction stories that Amish readers will love, these stories will uplift you, and would a great read anytime of the year!

Even though I was provided a copy of this book for review from Thomas Nelson's Booksneeze program it doesn't alter my opinion of this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment