Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Betrayal by Robin Lee Hatcher

Julia Grace had been married for eleven years to Angus Grace, and now that he was dead, she finally truly felt free, and truthfully cared less if she ever married again. Thing is her husband's half brother wants her ranch, and marriage might be the only way that she can keep it. When Hugh Brennan, a drifter winds up at her farm looking for work , she allows him to stay, he recognizes a kindred soul, and feels drawn to Julia. Will he perhaps be the answer to Julia's problems, and can she open her heart to another man?

Historical fiction has always been an interesting genre for me, and I found the time frame and setting in this story drew me right in. Julia and Hugh were two characters who were dealing with issues stemming from the past. Both characters seemed very realistic and had me wanting to know their story. While "Betrayal" is the second book in the Where The Heart Lives series, it can easily be read as a stand alone book. Betrayal was the first book I have ever read by Robin Lee Hatcher, but it won't be the last. I enjoyed the sneak peek of the next book in the series titled "Beloved" and anxiously await it's release. Historical inspirational fiction with a western setting made this a very appealing story for me. 

rating 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment