Thursday, October 13, 2011

His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons

This is the second book that I have read by Golden Parsons and I really think I liked the first book titled "Where Hearts Are Free"much better than this one. I normally am a huge fan of historicals especially ones that take place around the Civil War but for me this book really didn't seem to be very thouroughly researched. Other than that it was an okay story. Again I loved the civil war time period, and the fact that the plot moved along quickly was another plus. Even though that the main character (Amanda ) made a promise to her mother on her deathbed she still found herself falling in love with Captain Kent Littlefield, a union soldier, even though her brother Daniel was with the Confederates. I couldn't help but wonder how things would work out. I also find it quite refreshing that a writer can pull us into a story, and also give us a nice positive christian message as well.

If you enjoy historical fiction, and don't mind a bit of innaccuracies in the details then I think your going to enjoy this one. I easily give it four stars and will certainly watch for more from this author.





No comments:

Post a Comment